Tuesday, August 9, 2011

If SHE can do it, then.....aka: using envy for the forces of good!

I have a dear friend who has recently re-started the Couch to 5K running program.  And she's kicking its booty.  I tried it last year and wasn't mentally in the right place to finish it and my body started rebelling as well.  Too much weigh crushing down on my knees I guess.  Anyway, my friend.  In under 30 minutes she ran almost two miles!  On day 2!

Oh, one more thing, she has Cystic Fibrosis.

Yup.  My friend with chronic lung disease can kick my ass in a running competition.

On one hand, that's sort of awful, right?  I mean, great for her, but sheesh.  What a slob and sloth I have become.  But on the other, what a friggin' INSPIRATION is she??! 

I'm making the choice to allow this to inspire me rather than give my ED a chance to use it against me.  The end.

Now I need new shoes.  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment