Friday, August 12, 2011

As if anything is possible....

The time has come for me to work on my "Values Assessment Homework".  In a nutshell, it's 10 catagories in which I'm supposed to clarify my values.  "We want you to know what you care about, what you would work toward in the best of all situations.  Approach this assessment as if anything is possible."

Eeesh. 

Sounded like a brilliant assignment Wednesday at therapy.  But now that I'm sitting down to tackle it?  Not so much.  Some are going to be easier than others.  The first two gave me palpatations, so uh, I'm skipping those for now. 

"As if anything is possible......"

That's the hard part.   What it seems to be triggering in my brain is a flood of everything that's WRONG in these areas rather than a vision of what's right.  Everything I wish I could have but don't and never have found.  *sigh*  The idea of then having to share all that makes me seize up even more.  I'm pretty sure that's not the point of this exercise! 

Back you nasty ED thinking, BACK! 

I guess what I'll do is scan the list and tackle the "easier" ones first and move in on the triggery ones after that.  We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment