Saturday, March 5, 2011

You Belong Here. We Can Help You.

Isn't it funny how words can act like gravity?  You hear them and instantly you're pulled to the earth, grounded and glued, and instantly feel you're right where you need to be - present and available and fully at attention.  It's a little creepy but a lot exciting.

Those words were said to me four days ago.  They could have been said anywhere, really.  Hair salon, mechanic, bank.  I was none of those places.

Those words were said to me four days ago at the conclusion of my first visit to an eating disorder clinic. 

It's a BIG DEAL to be told you belong and that you're help-able.  I had no idea how much I needed to hear those words in that exact order until the moment they hit my ears.  I've spent the "better" part of 25 years needing to hear them and having no idea.  25 years is a hell of a long time to wait and I've felt each and every day of them.

I created this space to collect my thoughts on the process and to document what it's like when you are finally able to take that first shaky step to getting help.  I can't promise exactly WHAT will hit these pages, but I can promise that it will be real and true.  There's not room for anything else in my life at this point.  Real and true is how we proceed.

Thanks for coming.  You belong here.  And maybe, just maybe, we can help you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment