Friday, September 9, 2011

Why so serious?

PERFECT thoughts on a day when Pink's "Raise Your Glass" has already been running through my head......

Today I'm going to start officially running again.  I'm rockin' the Couch to 5K program.

How is this time different than last summer's attempt?

I'm embracing the FUN part of it.  The part that is all too aware that I'm no Olympian but will go out there and give it a try anyway.  Why can't it be fun?  Why does it have to be so serious?  It's just something I want to try to see if I can do it just like painting or cake decorating or any other "hobby".  Shifting the attention away from "Oh man, it's going to be hard and I don't know if I'll be able to do it and what will happen if I fail??!" to "Hey, this could be a really fun and funny thing to do.  I mean, how crazy is it for a 230 pound out of shape ED patient to go running??!"

I even invited others to be a part of the mayhem.  WHy not??  Everything's more fun when others are with you. And if we're all united in how sucky it feels to run and not be able to breathe, well, we'll channel the power of the humor to get us through!

I'm excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment