Saturday, September 3, 2011

Happy 6 month anniversary to me!

Anyone know what the traditional celebration gift is for 6 months in treatment?  No?  Well, that's OK I guess.

So, yeah.  Six months in.

I'm not going to get too contemplative here because well, that's not really how I roll.  Some amazing things have happened in the past 6 months and some things have totally sucked.  How's that for romantic?  LOL 

To be honest, it feels like I've been in treatment forever some days.  I'm not a patient person by nature so frankly, this whole business of working towards recovery just pisses me off a lot of the time.  I'd like recovery now.  The end.  Stamps foot.  But yeah, that's not how it works I guess, huh?

Instead, I'm going to try use this anniversary as a chance to recommit and refocus and remotivate.  I feel a little like I've "settled in" and have to seek out the opportunities to push myself and my ED rather than there just being a bazillion things to choose from to work on like in the beginning.  Having the value assessment I think will help tremendously as I get back to having my appointments this week.  Get a little focus and direction going again.

Overall, I'm thrilled with how far I've come in the 6 months and will choose to embrace that part while I look forward.  The tremendous sense of relief that has come for me to have this all out in the open is worth any of the valleys I hit while processing and working on it all.  The relief in knowing it's OK to be fallible and deserve help and support is a gift in its own right. 

Maybe that can be my anniversary gift.  How does one go about declaring that?

No comments:

Post a Comment