Monday, May 2, 2011

Nourish

 I will freely admit that I am a fan of those inspirational necklaces and bracelets you see all over store jewelry departments.  There's something so precise and simple about finding one word or short phrase.  Very neat and orderly inspiration.  A few weeks ago, I decided that I would start the search for that special phrase for myself and try to have something tangible to carry with me as I prgressed through treatment.

Shockingly, there isn't really much out there for folks with eating disorders.  No "Don't panic - it's just food." necklaces or "Chill out - anxiety is your enemy and will contribute to a binge." bracelets.  And somehow - "Breathe" and "Live Love Laugh" just sound pretty contrite and impersonal.

Enter etsy.com.  It just seemed to me that if a person can find something like a vaginal themed handbag or crazy custom flouncy outfits for children to wear at Disney World, certainly my word could be found on a piece of jewelry somewhere on that site.

And it was.


Isn't it BEAUTIFUL??!  I had no IDEA it was exactly what I was looking for until I saw it.  And then I knew.

Nourish.

So utterly perfect in so very many ways.


nour·ish·ment
noun /ˈnəriSHmənt/  /ˈnə-riSH-/ 
  1. The substances necessary for growth, health, and good condition
  2. Food
  3. The action of nourishing someone or something



1 comment:

  1. It's beautiful, Julie, like you. I love the blue and green beads and of course, the meaning. It encompasses a lot, doesn't it? Enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete