Thursday, April 28, 2011

And the insurance battle begins......

Before I started treatment, I made SURE to get all my ducks in a row regarding my insurance coverage.  I'd read enough to know that the assholes in charge of deciding what gets paid for on a health plan do NOT like paying for mental health related treatment.  You know, because ultimately they'd prefer to save money over people being healthy.  Obnoxious.

Anyway, I called.  I asked very specific questions.  I was told everything the program deemed "clinically necessary" would be covered 80/20.  I filled out all my paperwork correctly to make sure that happened.

Yeah, you know where this is going.

I got my first pack of EOBs.  ALWAYS READ YOUR EOBS PEOPLE!!  This is the way you find mistakes.  And this packet was FILLED with them according to what I had been told my benefits would be.

Several phone calls later, I still have no idea what will ultimately be covered.  We are SUPER lucky in that the hubby's a higher up management-type who has a super on top of it HR person.  The HR guy will take care of the confusion.  I totally trust that.  I'm not so sure what the $$ situation will be.  WHich totally sucks.

I can't even get into all the details of what a clusterf^$! this is......I just have to keep faith that it will all work out.  And, ultimately, if it doesn't, I'm staying in treatment and will have to find a way to make it work.

Who knew when I started this process that there would be so many obstacles??!  It's hard ENOUGH to be in treatment.......it's positively MADDENING to have to fight these stupid battles at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment