Sunday, January 15, 2012

Living a life of "yes"....

I sang tonight.  In public.  In a room FULL of other artists - actors, singers, dancer, musicians.  It's been YEARS since I have sung in public alone.  Probably since my last Tony n' Tina's show 8.5 years ago.  Somewhere along the way, my ED brain told me I shouldn't sing.  That I wasn't very good and I'd make a fool of myself.  I have zero idea where that came from, but I lived it for years.

I got this offer to sing a part of a song at an arts awards show.  And my instinct was to say no.  But I didn't.  I said YES.  And it was great fun and has made me feel like a million dollars.  Plus I got to get all fancied up.

This year, I had committed to living a life full of yes.  What a wonderful way to kick it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment