Tuesday, July 12, 2011

And it's OK if you think I'm a loser...

Tonight is a big night for me.

I ............ *drumroll* .................... am going to a public, social event ........................

ALONE!

I know!!  What has come over me, right??!!!

Well, the husband is out of town on business and there's a showing of a musical in town that I'm able to attend for free.  I want to see it.  I know people in it.  I know the director.  And geez - FREE, PEOPLE!!

I tried my one friend who attends these things with me while the husband stays home.  She's out of town.  I decided, "What in the world is the worst thing that would happen to me if I went by myself?"  And when the answer was, "The worst thing is that it will suck and you'll have no one to commiserate with" I decided I was going for it!   The kid's staying over with my parents and off I will go!  I'm actually sort of excited about it!  :) 

And it's OK if you are there and think I'm a loser because I'm there alone.  Turns out?  I don't care!

No comments:

Post a Comment