Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Madness leads to .....

I'm not sure I can adequately explain what madness this week has been. 

A week ago, I felt the familiar tickle in my throat of a massive allergy attack.  And while I know what to expect - it happens every 18 months or so - I have no idea how to head it off. 

The next day, I had to zip home from work to wait for the Mendard's delivery guy.  Luckily, they didn't take forever.  Note that.  I check the delivery - we're missing 20 bags of rock.  A whole order sheet.  I call, they say it will come Saturday so that's fine.

Friday, the kiddo has to go to get her asthma meds checked and increased, we go shopping for food and then out to lunch to a hibachi place.  Home to prep for the arrival of the in laws.  I get a phone call from the head of the local community theatre asking me to take a part in an upcoming show without even auditioning.  WHAT??!  Madness.  I say yes, run down to grab the script and get back to put supper together.  Work on the fence begins.  By this point, I have lost my voice.  Super.

Saturday, giant fence work day.  My parents, in laws and a nephew are here bright and early to work and I still have zero voice and now am hacking my lungs out.  But I feel FINE aside from that.  Peace reigns as the fence building progresses.  I'm amazingly calm in the face of a whole mess of situation going not as I planned.  Practicing flexibility.  Whew.  Work ends and we're STILL waiting for the missing rocks from days earlier.  I make several calls - sotto voce - and eventually they show up at 9:30 pm.  Madness.

Sunday, still no voice.  Work is completed and the fence looks awesome.  ILs leave, my parents return to see the finished product and eat some more of the lingering food.  The dogs rejoice in their new play area.  All is well.

Monday.  I get no sleep the night before due to coughing and feel like crap.  Call in sick to work which never happens, but I literally can't talk, so it's just not going to happen.  I start to pick up the script to start on my lines for the new show - I get an email.  Show is postponed indefinately due to illness.  Maybe next summer.  Actually, it's a relief, but I'm proud that I went with the flow with minimal panic.

Tuesday, still miserable.  Call in sick to work and go to Urgent Care to get the "good" cough medicine.  Which I take and sleep the day away.  Then I take more and sleep all night.

Which brings us to today.  One week later.   Madness.

Food has been all over the place.  I feel fat and gross and sore and icky.  I need to get back on plan and on the path.  This is ridiculous.  I mean, it's good.  I haven't freaked out or anything, but my body's freaking out and my mind wants to follow.  So, I need to get busy stopping my mind and redirecting it to a positive proactive and healthy place so my body can follow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment